At some point in your life, you'll probably be faced with the question of whether you need life insurance. Life insurance is a way to protect your loved ones financially after you pass away and your income stops.
Should you buy life insurance?
You should probably consider buying life insurance if any one of the following is true:
- You are married and your spouse depends on your income
- You have children
- You have an aging parent or disabled relative who depends on you for support
- Your retirement savings and pension won't be enough for your spouse to live on
- You have a large estate and expect to owe estate taxes
- You own a business, especially if you have a partner
- You have a substantial joint financial obligation such as a personal loan for which another person would be legally responsible after your death
In all of these cases, the proceeds from a life insurance policy can help your loved ones continue to manage financially during the difficult weeks, months, and years after your death. The proceeds can also be used to meet funeral and other final expenses, which can run into thousands of dollars.
If you need life insurance, don't delay
Once you decide you need life insurance, don't put off buying it. Although no one wants to think about and plan for his or her own death, you don't want to make the mistake of waiting until it's too late.
For when the unexpected happens let us be there for you!